Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Nance and Adam try to work things out.

Nance:
hooray! i am ready to get you your 'humble pile' set up!
hooray!

please choose one of the following dates and time
slots or suggest another one. set up should only
take 20 minutes or so.
sunday 27th
9-12
6-9
monday 28th
9-12
6-9
tuesday 29th
9-12
6-9

thanks.
nance (testhole)

Adam:

hi Nance!
Indeed this is exciting ...

BUT
before you truck over here, I need to clarify with you that this can actually work for my living situation. So, please read the following description of my abode and let me know how this could work:
I live on the second floor of a house in a three-bedroom apartment (with two roommates). We have a humble gated-in plot of earth, maybe 7 by 7 feet, in front of the house. My relatively small bedroom doubles as my yoga/meditation practice space. We have a pretty expansive living room/dining room space. We ferment kombucha in the dining room area. Large kitchen, small bathroom, grimy roofed-in back deck.

The reason I tell you these details is because I'm simply unsure where I would be able to do my humble piling... It seems unlikely that I'd be able to store the container in the bathroom, because it's a really small space, and I don't know if it would be sanitary to shit and do sun salutations in the same couple feet of hardwood floor? The back porch is a possibility.

Please excuse my reservation -- I just don't want you to waste your time coming out here if I can't actually participate. But I would very much like to, if it seems like it will work! So, let me know what you think.

Thanks for your time,
Adam.

Adam:

Nance,
I feel I am being very high-maintenance about this already, I am sorry about that...
If this is going to work for me right now, I do think my house is a better option than the studio, just because the space is small and constantly in flux.
I have a basement that I could even crap in, especially because it's warmer now AND the basement already smells bad.
Maybe the next time you're in my neighborhood you could stop by and possibly drop off the stuff if it seems like it's feasible for me to do my business.
Thanks for your patience.
Adam.

Nance:

it's fine, adam.
no extra patience extended in your direction.
i am here to hold hands on this one.
just let me know when i can deliver a bucket toilet and if you want to coordinate with someonelse's barrel drop or what one of your own.
barrel = 32 gal trash container.

Adam:
Nance,
My other roomie expressed some reservation about the test hole ... not insurmountable, but quite frankly I'm starting to now question whether this is a good time to insert a revision into my routine. The concern is that, amidst the grad school madness, I'll just forget about the alternate route and/or not dispose of my "goods" in a reasonable time. And space is not ideal. I think I'm going to pass on this round of things, with the intention that I can get involved at a later date if it becomes a sustainable (sorry I know you don't like that word) method for some people in the city.
Sorry about this, and I appreciate your assistance in thinking about it anyhow.
Warm wishes,
Adam.

No comments: